Can’t Send or Receive Email
This article will provide you with some basic troubleshooting information on how to identify and resolve connection issues with your email.
You will need to check the following
1. Your email client doesn’t have a connection to the internet or network
Solution: Open your browser and try surfing the internet. If you are unable to connect to websites then you are not connected. You will need to contact your internet service provider (ISP) to help you get connected or correct issues with your network.
2. Your email account requires you to set outgoing mail (SMTP) server authentication to on.
Solution: Open your email client and update the configuration for you email account to enable SMTP authentication. You can review the following articles on how to setup your email account.
3. Your ISP or network has a firewall that is blocking your email client from connect to the email server
Solution: Temporary disable your software or hardware firewall to identify if it is the cause of your email connection problems.
4. Your email login credentials are incorrect
Solution: Open your email account within your email client and update your incoming and outgoing mail servers, email address and email password. You can review the following articles on how to setup your email account.
5. Your email server is unavailable.
Solution: Check your domain name and Domain Name Server (DNS) to ensure your domain name has not expired and it is pointing to the correct name servers for your email hosting. If these settings are correct contact your hosting provider. A simple Whois look up should help you to do this.