This article will provide you with the steps to setup your email accounts within your Microsoft Outlook 2010 email client. You will need to ensure you have created your email addresses within your web hosting control panel or have existing mail boxes.
Working with this tutorial
In the following examples replace the example information with the correct account information, i.e:
- John Smith =
- email@example.com = <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- partnerconsole.net = <yourdomainname.tld>
How to set up your email account with Microsoft Outlook 2010 email client
- In Outlook 2010, click File then select Info from the dropdown menu.
- Click Account Settings.
- Select the Add and remove accounts option from the drop down.
- In the Email tab, click New.
Note:If making changes to an existing account, under the Email tab you will see a list of email accounts that exist within Outlook, double click on the email account you wish to make changes to, then skip to step 6.
- Select Email Account radio option and complete the following information:
Your Name: The name you wish displayed when people receive your emails
Email Address: The email address you are sending email from.
Password: The password used for this email account.
Re-type Password: The password used for this email account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types then click Next.
- Select the Internet Email radio option and click Next.
- Complete the Settings information:
Your Name The name you wish displayed when people receive your emails Email Address The email address you are sending email from Account Type This should be set to POP3 Incoming mail server This should be set to mail.yourdomain.com.au for help please click here Outgoing mail server This should be set to mail.yourdomain.com.au for help please click here Username Your full email address is required Password The password used for this email account.It is up to the end user to decide if they wish to create a new Outlook Data File or not, this choice does not affect the connection to our servers
- Click More Settings button located in the bottom right corner.
- Select the Outgoing Servertab.
Select My outgoing mail sever (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as incoming mail server.
Select the Advanced tab.
Without SSL Encryption.
- Incoming server (POP): 110
- This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) = Unselected.
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 25 (alternate 587).
- Use the following type of encrypted connection = None.
- Click Ok.
- Click Next then Finish.
This completes the setup of your email account in Outlook 2010.